Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Top Five News Sources

X (Twitter)

Twitter v. X

Some of you may know it as X while others will forever know it as Twitter. I personally enjoy using X 
as a source of information despite claims of misinformation. X provides me with every source of news in one place and more. I can see the same story published by five different media outlets which provides me with a full story and all of the different perspectives. The platform also serves as an online forum which allows me to scroll through comments, threads, and posts from other users. 


C-SPAN

C-SPAN

My favorite source of news is 
C-SPAN. It is a nonprofit news platform that broadcasts videos and recordings of bills introduced and moving on Capitol Hill, Supreme Court questions and opinions, campaign rallies, and almost everything that happens within the political arena. C-SPAN has been the most useful source to keep me up to date in politics without a spin on the news. 


The Washington Post

The Washington Post

One news source that I use is The Washington Post. I have worked on three campaigns and when I do research for them, I always search through the trending articles on The Washington Post. Along with navigating my way through their website, I also follow them on X and get notifications when they post links to their trending articles. 

FiveThirty Eight

FiveThirtyEight

FiveThirtyEight (also known as 538) is my "go to" source for statistics and polling. Some claim they are a little biased, but I have found their research and data to be consistently the most accurate out of the sources I sift through. Since we are in a presidential election cycle, I have been using 538 more frequently as a news source to stay the most up to date on the polling for the elections across the country. 


ESPN

ESPN

I use ESPN frequently for all my sports news. I am a big Baltimore sports fan and enjoy using ESPN to closely follow my teams and play fantasy football. I have the ESPN app downloaded and receive all my sports news from the phone notifications 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eight Values of Free Expression

Which Value Resonates with Me the Most? When considering the eight values of free expression,  protecting dissent  and  promoting tolerance ...